Monday, February 28, 2011

Decorating and Closing Up

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

With all the little wrap-up projects done, they only thing I had left to do was to clean up and the do a little decorating!  Above is pictured the kitchen area. The crock will be our drinking water storage until I eventually install a water system in the shabin. I plan to install a high efficiency chest style refrigerator underneath the counter in place of the cooler you see there now.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

I laid out a rug in the living area.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

And another one up in the loft.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

I hung a rack for hanging jackets and other things, like our hiking equipment.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

I hung some prints over the door.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

What really makes the place are these five paintings, hung on both sides of the living area. They were all painted by my paternal grandmother, and they depict scenes from the summer vacation spots during my dad's child hood. My parents were very kind to give them to me last year, with the intention that they be hung in cabin. I am very grateful to have them, and I think they look fantastic and fit the place perfectly.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

And with that, I closed up all the shutters, locked the place up, and said good bye. We will return later in the year, once things have warmed up. There will always be more projects to improve the place, but for now we have a great start on something to enjoy for many years.

No comments: